Commonly used adhesive mortar. (C1)SEE MORE
Covers: 3kg / m²
Contain: Kit 25kg
Floor: interior/exterior | Wall: interior/exterior
Laying in pools or ponds
MEP®. COL FLEX is a flexible, two component high performance cement-based tile adhesive.
MEP®. COL FLEX is classified as a C2S2 under EN 12004
Adhesive tensile strength (C2), Flexible properties (S2).
MEP®. COL FLEX is designed for fixing porcelain, ceramic, marble, granite, natural stone… to all types of rigid cement based surfaces as well as surface where movement, deflection or limited shrinkage is likely
MEP®. COL FLEX is highly recommended for:
▪ Ensure that surfaces to be tiled are clean and free of dust, release agent, fungi.
▪ Surface should be pre-wetted prior to application.
▪ Very porous surfaces should be primed with MEP®. PRIM GP and allowed to dry (“touch dry”)
▪ All unsound areas, flaky or peeling layers must be removed and repair with MEP®. REP SOL prior tiling.
Notes: New walls and floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the tilling
Mixing ratio: two component
▪ Proceed as follows to obtain a homogeneous and free of lumps paste.
o pour ¾ of the component B (liquid) into a suitable container.
o add the component A (powder) gradually in order to obtain a plastic consistency.
o mix thoroughly using a low speed mechanical mixer to a creamy consistency.
o add the rest of the liquid and mix for a further 3 minutes.
▪ Allow mix to gel for 5 min and then remix before use.
Notes: Should the mortar stiffen up due to delays in application then discard the product and mix a fresh batch.
▪ Spread the adhesive onto the surface covering 1 to 2 m2 at a time.
▪ Use a suitable notched trowel to achieved recommended bed thickness (table. Coverages)
▪ Large format tiles (or uneven tiles) will require back buttering with a thin coat of adhesive prior to bedding into the wet adhesive bed.
▪ Bed tiles firmly into wet adhesive by using a rubber mallet to ensure full transfer and optimum contact.
▪ Carefully remove excess adhesive from the tiles and joints with a damp sponge, before its harden.
▪ Leave for at least 24 hours before grouting.
▪ For swimming pools, leave at least 3 days before grouting.
▪ Use MEP®. JOINT COLOR / LARGE / FLEX / PIERRE / EPOXY according to the project requirements.
Flexible joints should be incorporated to allow for slight movements due to changes in temperature, humidity etc. as indicated by DTU 52.2 / BS 5385:
▪ Where the tiling meets other materials (e.g. floor perimeters)
▪ Along all internal corners – vertically and horizontally
▪ Over existing movement joints or changes in background material
▪ Dividing large tiled areas into bays
Do not use for:
▪ Gypsum: use MEP®. COL PATE (D2E)
▪ Other surface (steel, aluminum …): use MEP®. COL EPOXY
▪ Do not apply in wet weather, or in temperatures below 5ºC or over 35ºC.
▪ Wind reduces the tile cement open time and leads to reduced adherence.
▪ When fixing, it is important to press the tiles to make sure that they all form a solid surface, and to avoid any gaps between tile and support.
▪ Back buttering systematically in outdoor application
▪ Do not apply more than 15 mm or less than 5 mm thick.
▪ Packaging: 20kg triple-ply paper bags / 5lts plastic Jerry-can
▪ Handling and storage: 6 months if kept in a dry cool place in the original packaging.
In more extreme conditions this period might be shortened
▪ Tools : Low speed mechanical mixer, rubber mallet, notched trowel.