Commonly used adhesive mortar. (C1)SEE MORE
Covers: 3.5 kg / m²
Contain: Bucket 20kg
Floor: interior | Wall: interior
Laying in private pool and pond
MEP®. COL PRIMO is a standard-setting cement-based polymer-modified tile adhesive.
MEP®. COL PRIMO is classified as a C1 under EN 12004
CE CERTIFICAT No 16-13431-2782/ Adhesive tensile strength (C1)
MEP®. COL PRIMO is designed for fixing ceramic, porcelain, terrazzo and terracotta tiles and natural stone to all types of rigid cement based surfaces as well as other pre-primed surfaces.
MEP®. COL PRIMO is highly compatible with/and bonds extremely well to concrete surface.
• Ensure that surfaces to be tiled are clean and free of dust, release agent, fungi.
• Surface should be pre-wetted prior to application.
• Very porous surfaces should be primed with MEP®. PRIM GP and allowed to dry (“touch dry”)
• All unsound areas, flaky or peeling layers must be removed and repair with MEP®. REP SOL prior tiling.
Notes: New walls and floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the tilling
Mixing ratio: 5.5 lts (+/- 0.5lts) water per 20 kg bag
• Gradually add the powder into the required water quantity while mixing to avoid lumps forming
• Mix thoroughly using a low speed mechanical mixer to a creamy consistency.
• Allow mix to gel for 5 min and then remix before use.
NB: Never add more water to the mix. Should the mortar stiffen up due to delays in application then discard the product and mix a fresh batch.
• Spread the adhesive onto the surface covering 1 to 2 m2 at a time.
• Use a suitable notched trowel to achieved recommended bed thickness (table. Coverages)
• Large format tiles (or uneven tiles) will require back buttering with a thin coat of adhesive prior to bedding into the wet adhesive bed.
• Bed tiles firmly into wet adhesive by using a rubber mallet to ensure full transfer and optimum contact.
• Carefully remove excess adhesive from the tiles and joints with a damp sponge, before its harden.
• Leave for at least 24 hours before grouting.
• For swimming pools, leave at least 3 days before grouting.
• Use MEP®. JOINT COLOR / LARGE / FLEX / PIERRE / EPOXY according to the project requirements.
Flexible joints should be incorporated to allow for slight movements due to changes in temperature, humidity etc. as indicated by DTU 52.2 / BS 5385:
• Where the tiling meets other materials (e.g. floor perimeters)
• Along all internal corners – vertically and horizontally
• Over existing movement joints or changes in background material
• Dividing large tiled areas into bays
• Old surface: use MEP®. COL PRO (C2E)
• External Walls up to 6m: use MEP®. COL FLEX (C2S2)
• Light colored natural stone or tiles: use MEP®. COL WHITE (C2E)
• Deflection or limited shrinkage surface: use MEP®. COL FLEX (C2S2)
• Gypsum: use MEP®. COL PATE (D2E)
• Other surface (steel, aluminum …): use MEP®. COL EPOXY
• Do not apply in wet weather, or in temperatures below 5ºC or over 35ºC.
• Wind reduces the tile cement open time and leads to reduced adherence.
• When fixing, it is important to press the tiles to make sure that they all form a solid surface, and to avoid any gaps between tile and support.
• Back buttering systematically in outdoor application
• Do not apply more than 15 mm or less than 5 mm thick.
• Packaging: 20kg triple-ply paper bags.
• Handling and storage: 6 months if kept in a dry cool place in the original packaging.
In more extreme conditions this period might be shortened
• Tools : Low speed mechanical mixer, rubber mallet, notched trowel.