Commonly used adhesive mortar. (C1)SEE MORE
Covers: 3.5 kg / m²
Contain: Bag 20kg
Floor: interior/exterior | Wall: interior/exterior
Suitable for swimming pools or private pools
MEP®. COL PRO is a high performance cement-based polymer-modified adhesive with prolonged open time.
MEP®. COL PRO is classified as a C2E under EN 12004.
CE CERTIFICAT No R2EM/EM 16-025 CE / Adhesive tensile strength (C2), prolonged open time (E).
MEP®. COL PRO is designed for fixing large format tiles. It is suitable for fixing all types of ceramic wall and floor tiles, porcelain, mosaics, marble, granite, natural stone and glass blocks in areas that will be dry or wet, including swimming pools.
• Ensure that surfaces to be tiled are clean and free of dust, release agent, fungi.
• Surface should be pre-wetted prior to application.
• Very porous surfaces should be primed with MEP®. PRIM GP and allowed to dry (“touch dry”)
• All unsound areas, flaky or peeling layers must be removed and repair with MEP®. REP SOL prior tiling.
Notes: New walls and floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the tilling
Mixing ratio: 5.5 lts (+/- 0.5lts) water per 20 kg bag
• Gradually add the powder into the required water quantity while mixing to avoid lumps forming
• Mix thoroughly using a low speed mechanical mixer to a creamy consistency.
• Allow mix to gel for 5 min and then remix before use.
NB: Never add more water to the mix. Should the mortar stiffen up due to delays in application then discard the product and mix a fresh batch.
• Spread the adhesive onto the surface covering 1 to 2 m2 at a time.
• Use a suitable notched trowel to achieved recommended bed thickness (table. Coverages)
• Large format tiles (or uneven tiles) will require back buttering with a thin coat of adhesive prior to bedding into the wet adhesive bed.
• Bed tiles firmly into wet adhesive by using a rubber mallet to ensure full transfer and optimum contact.
• Carefully remove excess adhesive from the tiles and joints with a damp sponge, before its harden.
• Leave for at least 24 hours before grouting.
• For swimming pools, leave at least 3 days before grouting.
• Use MEP®. JOINT COLOR / LARGE / FLEX / PIERRE / EPOXY according to the project requirements.
Flexible joints should be incorporated to allow for slight movements due to changes in temperature, humidity etc. as indicated by DTU 52.2 / BS 5385:
• Where the tiling meets other materials (e.g. floor perimeters)
• Along all internal corners – vertically and horizontally
• Over existing movement joints or changes in background material
• Dividing large tiled areas into bays
Do not use for:
• External Walls up to 6m: use MEP®. COL FLEX (C2S2)
• Light colored natural stone or tiles: use MEP®. COL WHITE (C2E)
• Deflection or limited shrinkage surface: use MEP®. COL FLEX (C2S2)
• Gypsum: use MEP®. COL PATE (D2E)
• Other surface (steel, aluminum …): use MEP®. COL EPOXY
• Do not apply in wet weather, or in temperatures below 5ºC or over 35ºC.
• Wind reduces the tile cement open time and leads to reduced adherence.
• When fixing, it is important to press the tiles to make sure that they all form a solid surface, and to avoid any gaps between tile and support.
• Back buttering systematically in outdoor application
• Do not apply more than 15 mm or less than 5 mm thick.
• Packaging: 20kg triple-ply paper bags.
• Handling and storage: 6 months if kept in a dry cool place in the original packaging.
In more extreme conditions this period might be shortened
• Tools : Low speed mechanical mixer, rubber mallet, notched trowel.