Commonly used adhesive mortar. (C1)SEE MORE
Covers: 18 kg / m²/ cm
Contain: Bag 25kg
Floor: Interior & Exterior
MEP®. FLOOR SLU is s a pump or hand applied, self-smoothing thin topping screed for floors.
MEP®. FLOOR SLU is designed for use in residential, offices and commercial areas. It provides a smooth and strong finish ideal for receiving a range of final floor coverings.
MEP®. FLOOR SLU is indicated for:
▪ Ensure that surfaces are not subjected to rising damp
▪ Surfaces must be clean and free of dust, release agent, fungi
▪ All unsound areas, flaky or peeling layers must be removed and repair with MEP®. REP SOL where depth is ≥ 50mm – wait until harden
▪ Primed with MEP®. PRIM GP and allowed to dry 1 to 4h (“touch dry”)
Notes: New floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the screed
Mixing ratio: 4.75 lts water per 25 kg bag
▪ Gradually add the powder into the required water quantity while mixing to avoid lumps forming
▪ Mix thoroughly using a low speed mechanical mixer to a creamy consistency.
▪ Allow mix to gel for 2 min and then remix before use.
NB: Never add more water to the mix. Should the mortar stiffen up due to delays in application then discard the product and mix a fresh batch.
▪ Spread the product on the prime surface
▪ Apply a scrap coat of MEP®. FLOOR SLU to a thickness of approximately 0.5 mm to seal the pores.
▪ Immediately after application, poor the material with the appropriate tool. Large trowel and spike roller should be used to assist the self-levelling process
▪ In case of a second coat application, wait for the product to set to a minimum of 24h
NB: Minimum application thickness – 3mm
▪ Do not use as a floor finish - not to be left without a suitable floor covering
▪ Do not use on surface subject to rising damp
▪ Do not use on areas that do not allow the flow of rainwater
▪ Not design for industrial application
▪ Saw cut joint – must comply with DTU 26.2
▪ All movement joints – must be extend in the screed
▪ Packaging: 25kg triple-ply paper bags
▪ Handling and storage: 6 months if kept in a dry cool place in the original packaging
In more extreme conditions this period might be shortened
▪ Tools: Low speed mechanical mixer, trowel, spiked roller